Thursday 5 December 2013

OUTCOME: FIRST PHOTOS



I have literally just received two of my cameras back from being developed and wanted to write about my findings straight away. I have just taken a few quick snaps of the images and contact sheets from my phone to show you in the first instance. 

From a first look I have found that a lot of people didn't take not of the 'always use the flash' guideline - I wanted to make sure something was always visible in each picture as with disposable cameras you can never be sure. I also noticed the difference in composition, some have been taken in portrait and others in landscape. I asked for landscape but again this hasn't quite been listened to. 

I'm actually surprised with how comical it all is. You don't really know anything about any of these people and it almost makes it funny. I love the little quirks in each picture, how they haven't actually followed what I asked... I really wasn't sure what to expect. There are some good images that have come out well and others that haven't ( as you can see in the contact sheets above) but it almost works. Within some of the faint images you can see a slight figure. I think because you can't see it, and you can see so much detail in the rest of them it makes you want to know more. It makes you look more closely to see the details there. You want to see it in the same way as the others but you cant. Looking at them all together makes you look at them differently. If you saw the faint ones on their own, singularly, you probably wouldn't give them a second look. You probably would just think that it hadn't come out so wouldn't bother but with all of the others, it just makes you look. You want to see who is behind that faint mist. The dog that's sat there, the person that's smiling into the camera. It just makes you want to know. 

Some of these images are just so funny. The boy with the nappy on, that almost looks too old to be wearing it. He clearly didn't want to take a selfie so the person that had the camera made him have a picture by taking the photograph of him themselves.

Seeing these images has made me start thinking about how it would work best to display the images. How they will all work best together as a whole, how they can be shown in the most successful way to put across my ideas in the best possible way. I will post more about this soon. 

I have included some of the images below: 












No comments:

Post a Comment