Wednesday 16 October 2013

RESEARCH: LINDSEY BOCCIA

Lindsey Boccia is a photographer and on a trip she forgot her camera bag. She bought some disposable cameras and turned them into lo-fi toy cameras. 

disposables3 copy

disposables copy

Boccia wanted to add custom 'filters' to alter the look of the resulting images. She modified the lenses by scratching them with her car key and applying chapstick to the surface to give a dreamy look to the image. She peeled off the labels over the camera and cracked the cases open to add some light leaks.

Below are some of the images she produced by doing this: 

54260011 copy
 
54260016b copy

54270018 copy

54260012 copy

I really like the idea of changing the cameras to change the effect of the image that will be produced. Obviously in this case I am not taking the pictures myself and I don't want to alter the images because I think the beauty of my idea is that this is down to them. I don't expect them to do anything like this but its a similar idea of alteration. They change the image to how they want to portray themselves and how they want to be seen within that image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment